With the Rescticied Activity Direction released today, late this afternoon, LAVic provided centres permission to resume sanctioned training and competition activities.
LAVic advised the following implications for the conduct of sanctioned Little Athletics activities:
- The wearing of masks is mandatory for all in attendance 12 years and over, at all times, when not competing or training.
- Coaches, officials and parents are required to wear masks at all times.
- A maximum of 300 people are permitted outdoors at any one time subject to the density quotient.
- Community sport is excepted from rule 5 (3) (d) ‘the number of members of the public in a group at any one time is limited to 10’, but it is required to comply with Rule 5 (4) (b) ‘ensure at all times that only the minimum number of people required to conduct the community sport activity are present for that purpose’. This means that Little Athletics as a community sport can have a group size (event size) that is required to conduct the activity. This means it is not limited.
- Centres/organising bodies must ensure at all times that only the minimum number of people required to conduct Little Athletics activities are present for that purpose. Supervising parents, coaches, officials, committee members, volunteers may be necessary for the conduct of Little Athletics, depending upon the nature of the activity.
- All in attendance must check in with the State Government QR Code service.
- A COVID Safe Official (CSO) must be in attendance at all competition and training activities. A key priority for CSOs is to ensure all present, register their attendance via the QR Code service.
- A ‘get in, compete/train, get out’ approach applies.
The Executive Committee is aware that this is late notice for this evening training and is not ideal, but we do appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding.
The cross country committee will be meeting Thursday night to make the necessary adjustments to the cross country season. We will make further announcements on the cross country season as soon we can.