The first and one of the most exciting events in the Track & Field season is Relays. For U9 – U16 athletes relays present a unique opportunity for athletes to compete as part of a team. The Centre has a proud and successful history of competition in Relays and will offer Knox athletes the opportunity to join a relay squad in the Summer Track & Field season.
To prepare for relay squads for competition the age group coaches will provide several training sessions leading up to competitions days. These session are important for team development.
Every athlete that nominates for Relays will be included in a relay squad and will be given every opportunity to performance at their best.
Training is provided – ability is not important.
If you are interested in being part of the traditionally strong Knox Relay Team please contact your age coach (see below), or Mike Donato at email@example.com or on 0414 888 563.
Cost of Relays is $20 per athlete. There are several changes for the 2020-21 season:
- Relays are being held in Feb & Mar, later in the season (as opposed to Nov & Dec) – U9-12’s must compete at Region, while U13-16’s get direct entry to State
- The medley has been replaced by a Swedish relay with 100/300/200/400m legs
- Knox is not attending Box Hill relays this year
- No competition for U8’s
1) Regional Relays (U9-12’s) Sun 28th Feb @ Ringwood
U13-16’s can attend region and get medals but it has no bearing at State
2) State (All ages) Sat 27th Mar (U9-12) Sun 28th Mar (U13-16) @ Casey Fields
Please confirm training times with coach before attending.