The Victorian Government announced this morning that due to the current level of community transmission of coronavirus in Victoria from the recent NSW incursions the current lockdown for Metropolitan Melbourne has been extended for a further 7 days until 20th August.
Therefore the following remains in place:
- Cross Country remains postponed until further notice. The Committee will make decision regarding future of the cross country season over the coming days.
- All Knox LAC training activities remain suspended.
- The track remains closed and is not accessible for training or exercise during the lockdown extension.
The Committee is continuing to work on the upcoming summer track and field season and will make further announcements over the coming weeks.
As the situation continues to evolve the Committee will provide updates as soon as it can.
Knox LAC is currently seeking a casual Canteen Manager for our summer track and field season.
We are ideally looking for a Knox LAC associated person or family to manage our canteen, however we are open to others. This is a paid role within the centre.
The successful applicant will commence as soon as possible. The expected hours of work are competition meet days:
8.30am – 11.30am on Saturdays,
6.00pm – 9.00pm on Friday nights meets and
3.00pm – 6.oopm on Sunday afternoon meets
There is also a need to manage the canteen on major event days such as open days, and regional events.
The Canteen Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the canteen. Duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising and managing canteen and parent volunteers
- Providing excellent service to our athletes and families
- Maintaining a pleasant work environment.
- Ensuring stock levels are satisfactory each week.
- Ensuring food storage and handling complies with food handling and hygiene requirements.
- Preparing food and drink for sale in the canteen.
- Order stock through approved suppliers
- Counting and balancing the daily takings with Centre Treasurer.
- Observing workplace health and safety practices in the canteen operation and notifying the Executive Committee of any potential or actual hazard or any dangerous incidents.
- A current Working with Children Check (Mandatory)
If you are interested in this role please contact Kris Shipham via email@example.com
With the Victorian Government reintroducing lockdown restrictions for 7 days from 8pm tonight, Cross Country that was scheduled for this Saturday is postponed until further notice. All Knox LAC training activities are suspended for the lockdown period.
As with previous lockdowns, the track will not be accessible for training or exercise during the lockdown.
As the situation evolves the committee will provide information as it comes to hand.
With the resumption of community sport following the recent lockdown, Knox Cross Country will resume this weekend on the 31st July 2021 with Handicap Day at Jells Park North.
We have the necessary approval from Parks Victoria and Handicap Day will be conducted in accordance with the current covid safe protocols issued by LAVic and the Restricted Activity Directions.
Details – Handicap Day 31 July 2021
The following will apply this weekend to meet the current covid protocols.
- Race start times will be in place
- QR codes will be in place at the venue and all attendees must sign in
- Only supervising parents and those necessary to run the event are permitted. No General Spectators Note: Siblings are permitted if other arrangements can’t be made.
- Face masks must be worn by all those 12 and over. Social distancing will be enforced. Please note it is still a requirement to wear a mask outdoors under the current restrictions.
- CSO’s will be on duty and enforcing the covid protocols.
- NAME PATCHES MUST BE WORN. Athletes without name patches on will not be permitted to run.
Race Order and Start Times
To reduce the impact of athletes and parents gathering around start times will be implemented for each age group. The start times are as follows for this weekend.
9.00am U13 -U16
9.30am U7 – U8
Note: All athletes need to report to the marshalling tent 15mins before their race start time to get their handicap time.
Parents duty will be in place and parents are required. If you have not done your duty this season you can sign up for duty this weekend here volunteersignup.org/MMKWE
If you had already signed up for Handicap Day prior to the lockdown, you will need to re enter your details.
If you are on duty please sign in by 8.45 at announcing. A duty sign-in table will be setup.
Canteen and BBQ
There will be no canteen this weekend.
Championship Day and Presentation Night
Championship Day will still be run on the 7th August but now moves to Tirhatuan Park.
Further information regarding the presentation night will be provided once venue details are confirmed.
With the Rescticied Activity Direction released today, late this afternoon, LAVic provided centres permission to resume sanctioned training and competition activities.
LAVic advised the following implications for the conduct of sanctioned Little Athletics activities:
- The wearing of masks is mandatory for all in attendance 12 years and over, at all times, when not competing or training.
- Coaches, officials and parents are required to wear masks at all times.
- A maximum of 300 people are permitted outdoors at any one time subject to the density quotient.
- Community sport is excepted from rule 5 (3) (d) ‘the number of members of the public in a group at any one time is limited to 10’, but it is required to comply with Rule 5 (4) (b) ‘ensure at all times that only the minimum number of people required to conduct the community sport activity are present for that purpose’. This means that Little Athletics as a community sport can have a group size (event size) that is required to conduct the activity. This means it is not limited.
- Centres/organising bodies must ensure at all times that only the minimum number of people required to conduct Little Athletics activities are present for that purpose. Supervising parents, coaches, officials, committee members, volunteers may be necessary for the conduct of Little Athletics, depending upon the nature of the activity.
- All in attendance must check in with the State Government QR Code service.
- A COVID Safe Official (CSO) must be in attendance at all competition and training activities. A key priority for CSOs is to ensure all present, register their attendance via the QR Code service.
- A ‘get in, compete/train, get out’ approach applies.
The Executive Committee is aware that this is late notice for this evening training and is not ideal, but we do appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding.
The cross country committee will be meeting Thursday night to make the necessary adjustments to the cross country season. We will make further announcements on the cross country season as soon we can.