With the further easing of covid restrictions Knox LAC cross country will restart on the 19 June at Jells Park South. (Entry via Ferntree Gully Road)
We have obtained the necessary approval from Parks Victoria and it will be conducted in accordance with the covid safe protocols issued by LAVic and the Restricted Activity Directions.
LAVic have now released the protocols to centres on Friday afternoon and to comply with the protocols this Saturday the following applies.
- Race start times will be in place.
- Races will be in groups of 20 for each age group. (Multiple races will be run per age group where more than 20 athletes attend)
- Athletes will be graded in to the appropriate group based on previous race times.
- A group of 20 must finish their race prior to the next groups starting.
- A marshalling area will be in place so that athletes can be put in their group before heading to the start line.
- NAME PATCHES MUST BE WORN. Athletes without name patches on will not be permitted to run.
- QR codes will be in place at the venue and all attendees must sign in
- Only supervising parents and those necessary to run the event are permitted. No General Spectators
- Siblings are permitted if other arrangements can’t be made.
- Face masks must be carried by all those 12 and over. Social distancing will be enforced. If you cannot socially distance you will be asked to wear your mask.
- CSO’s will be enforcing the covid protocols.
Race Order and Start Times
To reduce the impact of athletes gathering around start times will be implemented for each age group. The start times are as follows for this weekend.
8.30am U13 -U16
9.00am U7 – U8
Please note the earlier start time for the first event – it is an 8.30am start. Please arrive early.
Parents duty will be in place and parent are required. If you have not done your duty this season you can sign up for duty this weekend here volunteersignup.org/H8W7J.
If you are on duty please sign in by 8.15 with announcing. A duty sign-in table will be setup.
Canteen and BBQ
There will be no canteen this weekend.
The Committee is working on some changes to the season calendar to accommodate the missed events. We will post the updated calendar once locations have been confirmed.