With the announcement today by the Victorian Government that the snap lockdown will end tonight (Wednesday) night at midnight, there are a number updates for everyone including todays announcements from LAVic
Knox Little Aths
Normal Competition will resume on Saturday 20th Feb at 8.30am – Program C.
The Track will be open from tomorrow for training/exercise. Please note that the track is booked for a school tomorrow and no access will be available while the school is at the track.
EMR has been confirmed and rescheduled to the weekend of the 27th and 28th of February and will still be held at the Knox Track. This means that regional relays have been cancelled.
Please Note the following from LAVic:
- LAVic is aware that the rescheduled date clashes with the AV State Championships – Week 2.
- LAVic is working with both AV and the athletes concerned to provide an opportunity to minimise the consequences of this clash. A specific email with details will be sent to the athletes concerned.
- LAVic will send out to all confirmed athletes a portal link, where they can login and scratch from events. Refunds will only be issued to those events scratched through the portal before the closing date.
- Additionally, if athletes cannot attend the rescheduled Region Track & Field Carnivals, on either or both days, due to other reasons, if they scratch before the deadline of Tuesday 23rd February, LAVic will offer a refund to these athletes.
- Any athlete that scratches after Tuesday 23rd February, will need to advise the Knox Team Manager so an athlete scratch form can be filled in and handed to the Region officials on the day, no refunds will be offered for scratching after 23rd February.
- If you cannot make the rescheduled regional dates and will be scratching from events please advise the Knox Team Manager ASAP. This will enable the duty roster to be updated and any changes made to suit.
- LAVic have advised that the registration portal for regionals will not be reopened, no further registrations will be accepted.
State Track & Field Championships is still planned to be held at Lakeside Stadium on Sat 13th – Sun 14th March and remains unchanged.
Region Relays Carnivals
The result of the reschedule means that the Region Relays Carnivals have been cancelled. LA Vic is now instead working on conducting the Commonwealth Bank State Relays Championships on Sat 27th March and Sun 28th March at Casey Fields, Cranbourne as a direct entry for all age groups.
Further information can be found at the LAVic website https://lavic.com.au/news/region-track-and-field-rescheduled-and-state-relays-become-direct-entry-30161/