Knox is running a practice day for all our Knox relay teams. By now all relay families will have received an email from the Knox Team Manager with information, the event program for the morning and the duty roster.
When: Sunday 12 November 10am – first race
Arrive by 9:00am to Check in with the Team Manager and find your Relay Team.
Estimated finish time of 12pm
Where Knox Athletics Track, Bunjil Way, Knoxfield
Download the Information, Program and Duty Roster Below.
When you arrive …
- Please head to Team Manager (Philly) located in the Grandstand:
- Athletes uniform check
- Parent duty sign-in
- Enrolment form/$15 fee paid check (note – if you have not returned the enrolment form or paid the $15 fee, your athlete will not be able to compete at the Knox Internal Relay, Region or State competitions)
- If you are on duty for the morning, please arrive early and be ready.
- We will follow the same process as Region/State with all athletes required to go to the Call Room 15 minutes before their race is scheduled to start.
- The Call Room will be set up at area 5 (end of front straight) between shotput and the hammer cage area
- Coaches will take all athletes to the Call Room, with ‘Escorts’ to take the kids out to their starting area. Parents will not be allowed to help after athletes enter the Call Room.
- All athletes are required to wear their Knox Centre Uniform (Black & gold either singlet, t-shirt or crop top and plain black shorts). The U8’s can wear their club uniform and do not need to wear a Knox Centre uniform.
- Please make sure athletes have their commonwealth bank name patches pinned to the front of their singlets and the red Coles patch is sewn above the Little Aths Vic logo.
- For U11-17 athletes wearing spikes, these will be checked to ensure they are maximum 7mm and adhere to the guideline found here Guide to Buying and Using Spikes | Knox Little Athletics Centre Inc. (klac23.org.au)
- Note – at EMR/state uniform rules are very strict. Athletes will not be allowed to run with incorrect uniform.
Please contact your child’s coach directly if you are running late or have any other issues on the day.
U8 – Silvia – 0423 905 23
U9 – Jess – 0412 643 877
U10 – Chantal – 0403 211 415 / Luke – 0421 279 991
U11 – Tim – 0420 948 479
U12 – Nathan – 0412 345 351
U13 Boys – Karyn – 0410 583 369 / U13 Girls – Paul – 0433 483 222
U14 & U15 – Mike – 0433 281 212
U16 & U17 – Nathan – 0412 345 351
For any other queries please call Nathan Dux on 0412 345 351 or Philly Boyle on 0416 867 060.
- Please be prompt in arriving to the track with enough time to find your Relay Team and Coach. Relays are a team sport – your team cannot race without your athlete!
- Relays are very fun, historically the Knox athletes have always had a wonderful day competing with their friends and teammates. As parents, please encourage friendly competition but most of all for your kids to have fun 😊
We have a Program which is loosely based on the Region/ State Program. In order of 4x100m, 4x200m, Swedish Medley. Only Girls or Boys Teams competing in 2023, no Mixed Teams.
Download the information, program and duty roster below.