Knox LAC is currently seeking a casual Canteen Manager for our summer track and field season.
We are ideally looking for a Knox LAC associated person or family to manage our canteen, however we are open to others. This is a paid role within the centre.
The successful applicant will commence as soon as possible. The expected hours of work are competition meet days:
8.30am – 11.30am on Saturdays,
6.00pm – 9.00pm on Friday nights meets and
3.00pm – 6.oopm on Sunday afternoon meets
There is also a need to manage the canteen on major event days such as open days, and regional events.
The Canteen Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the canteen. Duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising and managing canteen and parent volunteers
- Providing excellent service to our athletes and families
- Maintaining a pleasant work environment.
- Ensuring stock levels are satisfactory each week.
- Ensuring food storage and handling complies with food handling and hygiene requirements.
- Preparing food and drink for sale in the canteen.
- Order stock through approved suppliers
- Counting and balancing the daily takings with Centre Treasurer.
- Observing workplace health and safety practices in the canteen operation and notifying the Executive Committee of any potential or actual hazard or any dangerous incidents.
- A current Working with Children Check (Mandatory)
If you are interested in this role please contact Kris Shipham via firstname.lastname@example.org